Spookies (1986) (Standard Edition)
Title number 019 on our Black Label. See here for full range.
101 Films presents cult 80s horror Spookies (1986), released on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK and title 019 on the 101 Films Black Label. Produced by Michael Lee, founder of legendary video distributor VIPCO, the film's tumultuous production history saw original co-writers/directors Brendan Faulkner and Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel fired, and Eugenie Joseph brought on board to shoot new scenes and re-edit the existing footage. The chaotic and deranged result has gone on to amass an army of devotees in the intervening years, attaining genuine cult status among horror fans. Among the additional content is a new version of feature-length documentary VIPCO: The Untold Story.
After their car breaks down, a group of travelers find themselves stranded in a remote part of New England. After taking shelter in a spooky old mansion, complete with a graveyard, they discover a ouija board and decide to spend the night attempting to summon some spirits. But the group soon learns that playing with the forces of black magic isn't fun and games, and it's not long before they're head-to-head with all sorts of demonic creatures, shape shifters, and other forms of evil, all of whom are more than happy to pick them off in the most gruesome of ways.
- New audio commentary with FrightFest’s Paul McEvoy and filmmaker Sean Hogan
- Twisted Tale - The Unmaking of Spookies - a feature-length making-of documentary, including a commentary track with documentary co-directors Michael Gingold & Glen Baisley and extensive deleted scenes
- VIPCO: The Untold Story, a brand new, extended version of the feature length documentary on much-loved UK film distributor VIPCO
- 2015 Alamo Drafthouse screening introductions with Spookies director Thomas Doran and co-writer/producer Frank M. Farel
- Archival locations featurette with actor Peter Iasillo
- Outtakes and bloopers
- Behind the scenes still gallery
- Theatrical trailer