Howard the Duck (1986) (Limited Edition) (Dual Format)
The Limited Edition version of Howard the Duck is sold out, the standard edition is available here
Title number 008 in our Black Label range. This Limited Edition version includes a slipcase and a booklet.
101 Films presents Howard the Duck (1986), title 008 on our Black Label and a UK Blu-ray debut. A box office bomb upon release, the film's notoriety has never faded, and it now stands as one of the essential cult films of the 1980s.
From executive producer George Lucas and the pages of Marvel Comics comes a comedy adventure spectacular about a fast-talking, cigar-chomping, beer-loving duck from a parallel universe who crashes to Earth and somehow winds up in Cleveland. As Howard attempts to return to his own planet, he falls in love with rock singer Beverly Switzler (Lea Thompson, Back to the Future) and must battle an evil invader known as the Dark Overlord.
This wacky, elaborately produced spoof of life, love, comic books and horror movies is a misunderstood cult classic, ripe for rediscovery.
Brand New Extras
- Howard: A New Cult Hero: Vic Pratt on Howard the Duck
- Commentary with Wil Jones and Robert J.E. Simpson
- Commentary with Charlie Brigden and Dan Whitehead
- Limited edition booklet: includes 'Howard the Duck and Marvel Comics: How ‘The Duck Who Couldn’t Swim’ Survived a Sinking Ship' by Lister Appleton and 'The Madness of King George' by Charlie Brigden
Additional Extras (Blu-ray only)
- A Look Back at Howard the Duck
- Releasing the Duck News Featurette
- The Stunts of Howard the Duck
- The Special Effects of Howard the Duck
- The Music of Howard the Duck
- Certificate: 12
- Runtime (Blu-ray): Feature 110 mins approx, Extras 34 mins approx
- Runtime (DVD): Feature 106 mins approx, Extras 21 mins approx
- Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
- Blu-ray region: B
- DVD region: 2
- Sound: Stereo PCM & DTSHD-MA surround (Blu-ray) Stereo & surround AC3 (DVD)
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English HOH