Black Book (2006) (Limited Edition) (Dual Format)
The Limited Edition version of Black Book is sold out, the standard edition is available here
Title number 004 in our Black Label range. This Limited Edition version is limited to 3000 copies and includes a slipcase and a booklet.
From internationally acclaimed director Paul Verhoeven (Soldier of Orange, Elle), Black Book (Zwartboek) is an epic and moving wartime tale, in which the distinctions between good and evil become blurred by human nature. Starring Carice van Houten (Valkyrie, Game of Thrones) and Sebastian Koch (The Lives of Others, Bridge of Spies), the film chronicles one woman’s fight for survival and revenge as the Second World War enters its final, bloody months.
September 1944. Rachel Stein (van Houten), a Dutch-Jewish woman in the Nazi-occupied Netherlands, joins fellow refugees in their attempt to reach Allied territory by boat after her safehouse is destroyed by a bomb. The voyage ends in disaster when the escape is discovered by a Nazi patrol, with Rachel the sole survivor as her fellow refugees, including her own family, are ruthlessly killed. Set on revenge, Rachel joins the Resistance, adopting the identity of Ellis de Vries to mask her heritage, and infiltrating the German Security Service by seducing senior officer Müntze (Koch). As the war enters its final stages and the fight for survival intensifies, Rachel becomes entangled in a deadly web of deceit and betrayal.
Brand New Extras
- The Book of Verhoeven: Paul Verhoeven on Black Book
- Diary of a Cinematographer: Karl Walter Lindenlaub on Black Book
- Limited Edition Booklet: Includes Return to the Homefront: Paul Verhoeven’s Black Book by Shelagh Rowan-Legg, and Black Book and Robocops: Scoring the Films of Paul Verhoeven by Charlie Brigden
- Interview with Carice van Houten (2006)
- Interview with Paul Verhoeven (2006)
- Original theatrical trailer