Black Christmas (1974) (Standard Edition) (Blu-ray)
Title number 029C on our Black Label. See here for full range.
101 Films presents Black Christmas, director Bob Clark’s final foray into the world of horror. Taking the “babysitter and the man upstairs” urban legend, Bob Clark manages to redefine the genre, in the process creating one of the earliest examples of the ‘slasher’ that went on to inspire so many great films that came in its wake.
As Christmas break begins, a group of sorority sisters make plans for the holiday. Jess (Olivia Hussey) and Barb (Margot Kidder) begin to receive anonymous, lascivious phone calls that put them on edge. Initially, Barb encourages the mysterious caller but stops when he responds threateningly. Soon, Barb’s friend Claire (Lynne Griffin) goes missing from the sorority house and a local adolescent girl is murdered, leading the girls to suspect a serial killer is on the loose. The police finally begin to get concerned when a teenage girl is found dead in the park - they set up a wiretap to the sorority house, but no one realizes just how near the killer really is!
• Commentary with director Bob Clark
• Commentary with actors John Saxon and Keir Dullea
• Commentary with actor Nick Mancuso
• Film and Furs: Remembering Black Christmas with Art Hindle
• Victims and Virgins: Remembering Black Christmas with Lynne Griffin
• Black Christmas Legacy
• 40th Anniversary reunion panel: Fan Expo Canada 2014
• TV and Radio Spots
• 12 Days of Black Christmas Featurette
• Black Christmas Revisited Featurette
• Midnight Screening Q&A with Bob Clark, John Saxon, and Carl Zittrer
• English Subtitles