The Cooler (2003) (Limited Edition) (Dual Format)
Title number 006 in our Black Label range. This Limited Edition version is limited to 3000 copies and includes a slipcase and a booklet.
101 Films presents Wayne Kramer’s The Cooler, a unique and unconventional tale of love, luck, money and revenge.
Bernie Lootz (William H. Macy - Fargo) is an unlucky guy. Everything he touches turns bad. However, his ill fortune is actually the one thing he depends upon to do his job to the best of his abilities; Bernie Lootz is the best 'cooler' in town.
Working in one of Las Vegas' few remaining golden-era casinos, Bernie is employed by the ruthless Shelly (Alec Baldwin - The Departed. in an Oscar® nominated role) to end the winning streak of anyone whose luck is on the up. But life in the bad luck lane has taken its toll and, after working for Shelly for years, Bernie has decided to move on. He then meets the hard-bitten Natalie (Maria Bello - A History of Violence) and life takes a turn for the better. But as his fortunes change, so does his ability to 'cool' a winning streak, and soon an unhappy Shelly decides to make sure that Bernie never feels happiness again...
Brand New Extras
- Lady Luck: The Making of The Cooler, a feature length (113 min) documentary on the making of the film, featuring director and writer Wayne Kramer, writer Frank Hannah, actors William H. Macy, Alec Baldwin, Arthur Nascarella and Shawn Hatosy, producers Michael A. Pierce and Elliot Lewis Rosenblatt, composer Mark Isham and costume designer Kristin M. Burke.
- Limited edition booklet: includes ‘In the Shadow of Negativity’ by director Wayne Kramer and ‘Heaven and Hell: The Cooler and Hollywood's Vegas’ by Scott Harrison.
- Previously unreleased deleted scenes (SD)
- Commentary with director Wayne Kramer and composer Mark Isham
- Commentary with director Wayne Kramer and cinematographer Jim Whitaker
- Anatomy of a Scene featurette (SD)
- Storyboard comparisons (SD)
- Trailer (SD)
- Promo (SD)