She Freak (AGFA) (1967)
Part of the American Genre Film Archive range.
The initial run comes with Limited Edition 'O-ring' packaging.
Fed up with waitressing, Jade Cochran (Claire Brennen) embarks on a new life with a traveling carnival. But she discovers that what lurks behind the curtain doesn’t take too kindly to her backstabbing plans. A gutter-noir reworking of Tod Browning’s FREAKS and a valentine to the carnival lifestyle that defined the career of producer David F. Friedman (BLOOD FEAST), SHE FREAK is a snapshot of life, love, and revenge on the grounds of a seedy carnival in Smalltown, USA -- complete with crackpot monster make-up effects from Harry Thomas (PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE). Like Devo’s music and Ed Wood’s novels, SHE FREAK creates a synthetic reality that is often preferable to our own. AGFA + Something Weird are beyond excited to present a dazzling 4K restoration of this essential weirdo classic.
• 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
• Archival commentary with producer David F. Friedman and Something Weird founder Mike Vraney
• ASYLUM OF THE INSANE: SHE FREAK inserts preserved in 2K
• THE LAUGHING, LEERING, LAMPOONING LURES OF DAVID F. FRIEDMAN: a feature-length compilation of trailers from the Something Weird vaults, newly preserved in 2K
• Vintage shorts from the carnival midway
• Promotional photo gallery
• Booklet with essay by Something Weird’s Lisa Petrucci
• Reversible cover artwork